Tuesday 5 January 2016

New Year resolution

At the start of each New Year, new thoughts come to many and new resolutions are invariably taken. Many even attempt to follow the resolution seriously and sincerely , for a period,  the length of which depends on the tenacity of the individual. I am aware of cases of very short lived, say a couple of minutes, to very long time even up to their entire life time, keeping up their resolve. The duration depends on the quality of resolution also. What I mean quality is a sum of many aspects such as importance of the issue; frequency or duration of occurrence; addiction or habitual; the urgency of the issue etc., This is some what akin to Diary writing. Many people decide to maintain diaries the moment they are in possession of a good looking Diary. I have tried umpteen times to keep writing Diary and it didn't last for even for few weeks at a time. There are at least few who manage to do this but not keeping up New Year resolutions.
Thanks to modern technology my telephone serves the functions of Calendar and Diary. So some technology is needed to keep up the New Year resolutions also. Till then, the best would be to take the resolution I took this New Year. That is " not to take any resolution hereafter". Many people don't wish to disclose their resolution for fear that people may laugh at them when they don't keep. But by telling openly, you increase the chances of keeping up to the resolution, at least to avoid being shamed. This is my way of making myself do certain things which otherwise I may not.

No comments: